The Samsung GC85A offers streamlined workflows, diagnostic confidence, and improved total cost of ownership.
Danvers, MA – August 6, 2015 – NeuroLogica, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, announced that the Samsung GC85A Digital Radiography (DR) system has received 510(k) FDA clearance, paving the way for its availability in the US market. The GC85A is the latest expansion of Samsung’s growing DR portfolio, which also includes the mobile digital GM60A, the U-arm digital GU60A, and the ceiling digital GC80.
Samsung’s DR systems combine advanced imaging technology, award-winning design and user-friendly automated workflows to meet the demands of 21st century radiology departments. The Samsung GC85A is a ceiling digital X-ray system that offers streamlined workflows, diagnostic confidence and improved total cost of ownership. Key features include:
- S-Vue imaging engine – provides dependable and accurate diagnoses in various conditions with reliably clear images, enhanced sharpness and clarity, and adjustable contrast presets.
- Wireless, lightweight S-Detector with high DQE and a portable grid – displays the patient’s body structure clearly and easily without increasing dose.
- Smart Control – enables the operator to precisely position the entire system with one touch of the control panel’s buttons. The user can move a motorized, tilting receptor with a remote control from -20 to 90 degrees to various areas such as skulls or hands with no need for a table.
- S-Align –provides precise alignment for exceptional imaging. S-Align displays the detector’s angle to the THU to enhance image quality during free exams. When the THU and detector are within a certain radius, the angle can be automatically fitted.
- Smart Stitching – eliminates the need for the patient to stand for long periods of consecutive shooting. Plus, a stitched image supports diagnostic clarity more than separated images.
- S-Share Compatibility – S-Detectors are compatible with Samsung DR Systems, so when a detector is discharged, it can be used with detectors from other compatible Samsung DR equipment. Various detector configurations support unique clinical needs and continuous care.
“The Samsung GC85A represents NeuroLogica’s latest commitment to introducing user- and patient-centric innovation to healthcare to provide fast, easy and accurate diagnoses, ” said David Webster, Vice President of Global Sales & Chief Marketing Officer at NeuroLogica. “The system’s superior image quality and ease of control will enable users to experience a new level of efficiency with a DR system designed for streamlined operation.”